Learn to make your own jewellery
We run jewellery workshops in small groups of five to ten people in one session. You will learn to make your own matching set of earrings, bracelet and necklace. Public workshops are held in central Derby (UK) and in central Rotorua (NZ). Jewellery workshops are booked on an individual basis for our public workshops. In addition, we also take in house bookings for corporate events for employee team building. We can also travel to your home for hen’s parties and birthday parties.
Name: Make your own necklace, bracelet and earrings set
Duration: 1.5 hours
Charge per person: £15 for tuition on the set class project, use of all tools including a beading tray and pliers, and a jewellery kit that contains everything required to make a pair of earrings, necklace and bracelet.
The jewellery kit includes the following:
- 10 inches of silver (or gold) coloured beading wire to make the bracelet;
- 22 inches of silver (or gold) coloured beading wire to make their necklace;
- two silver (or gold) plated lobster clasps to fasten the bracelet and necklaces in place;
- 30 silver (or gold) plated crimp beads;
- four small seed beads;
- one pair of silver plated (or gold plated) D shaped continental ear wires (or substituted for sterling silver shepherd hooks for an additional £1). For those without pierced ears, we can substitute the earring wire with screw back (clip on earrings) in a gold colour);
- two silver plated head pins.
Students will all make the same design but will choose their own beads, allowing individual creativity. Participants can choose from one of our beads kits (options 1 – 3 below) or alternatively bring their own beads from home (option 4).
- Option (1) – x11 genuine freshwater pearls (in a choice of colours and shapes) RRP £15
- Option (2) – x11 genuine semi-precious gemstones (in a choice of colours and shapes) costs £10
- Option (3) – x11 genuine shell (in a choice of colours and shapes) RRP £5
- Option (4) – Participants may prefer to bring x11 of their own beads from home, to make up into a matching jewellery set. This is the most affordable option as there is no need to purchase a bead kit. This option is ideal when you have an old necklace at home that you want to reinvent.
Maximum number of people who can attend: 10
Age group of participants: 16 years and above
Equipment they need to bring, if any: A pen (to make notes on the handouts provided during class).
Outcomes: At the end of the workshop learner’s will understand basic vocabulary used in jewellery making, and understand how to connect a clasp and create a loop using crimp beads, and how to use wire and connect to an earring wire.
- Network House (Derby, England)
- Rotorua Arts Village RAVE (Rotorua, New Zealand)
- Contact us at email@example.com to book your preferred date.
We can also travel to your work place or home to teach our jewellery making workshops.
Corporate Entertaining and Team Building Events
If you are organising a team building event for your employees, or a corporate function for your clients, our jewellery making workshop would make an ideal activity. Your employees/clients will also have a keep sake to take home with them to remind them of you and your event.
Hens Parties and Birthday Parties
If you are organising a party with the girls, our jewellery workshops are perfect! You have fun expressing your creativity plus you have a beautiful set of jewellery to wear at your party and take home afterwards. The jewellery you make will be a beautiful reminder of your special time together.
We travel throughout England and New Zealand, so contact us now at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your preferred date. There is a minimum fee of £75 (that is the cost of tuition for 5 people at £15 each).